many problems with Beta Blogger

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Wed Oct 18 21:08:46 EST 2006

Velonis Petros wrote:
> Στις 16-10-2006, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 18:55 -0400, ο/η Sam Ruby έγραψε:
> ...snip...
>> It looks to me like it is having problems with the following feed:
>>
>>    http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/pWcj
>>
>> This feed was not produced by the beta blogger, but the problem with
>> this feed can be worked around by putting the following into your
>> config.ini in the section for this particular feed:
>>
>>    summary_type=text/html
>
> I did this change and as you can see in http://planet.serverhive.com
> there is no difference.
>
> I don't agree think that feedburner
> (http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/pWcj) is having the problems
> because a) I added in the config.ini what you suggested and then b) I
> changed the source of feedburner to http://velonis.gr/rss/4.html (an
> ATOM XML feed) and there were no problems with tags like <br/> . I say
> that because if you check http://planet.serverhive.com now you will see
> many br tags (I changed the source of feedburner back to Beta Blogger).
> The only problem was that planetplanet couldn't understand that the
> posts from http://velonis.gr/rss/4.html feed were not on the same day.
>
> I must say that feedburner is used because planetplanet couldn't read
> ATOM.XML feeds. Does version 2 read the ATOM feeds?

I had assumed that you were using Planet version 2.0.  Prior versions of
planet did not support summary_type overrides.

Planet version 2.0 can definitely handle Atom feeds:

   http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/bzr/planet/2.0/

The Venus branch being actively developed has much improved support for
content that is not well formed.  I doubt that it is necessary in this
instance, but you are welcome to try it too:

   http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/

- Sam Ruby