Upgrading to bzr knits

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri May 26 17:09:45 EST 2006

Ni hao,

Now that bzr 0.8 is shipping and awesome, I'm going to upgrade my branches
from weaves to knits - the new version of the storage format. It's faster,
disgustingly so.

So, please upgrade to bzr 0.8 if you wish to collaborate on trunk and 1.0.
It's in dapper and available from the website [1].

If you've already pulled one of my branches, you'll need to upgrade to the
new storage format:

  $ bzr upgrade
  $ bzr pull

Or just delete and pull my branch again:

  $ bzr get http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/bzr/planet/devel/trunk/ planet

If you do not upgrade your local copy, you will suffer suckier performance
(yes, suckier than weaves alone) as bzr will have to translate.

Push the bzr!

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] http://www.bazaar-ng.org/

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

   "I think hot Chinese girls who kick ass are the wave of the future, as
                      far as films go." - Cody Russell