cache issues

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Mar 17 13:34:03 EST 2006

<quote who="Snell, Lenore">

> What I am curious about is cache management and if that is able to be
> controlled. What I would like to do is not only to limit the week's worth
> of data to 7 days but to also have the cache only save about a weeks worth
> of data rather than everything. I have done some initial tests although it
> doesn't appear to do that so I'm wondering if anyone has solutions for
> managing the cache as well as the blog items that get displayed. There is
> no need for us to store all data; users can just go to the professor's
> individual blogs (located at other sites) to read posts that are earlier
> than the 7 day mark.

There are two parts of your question, so I'll answer them separately:

 1) You can display seven days of feed history by setting the days_per_page
    attribute under [Planet]. Set items_per_page to 0, unless you want an
    upper limit there, too.

 2) The cache is very dumb at the moment, and just keeps growing. Rarely a
    problem, but worth looking at every now and then.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

   "The two [separate] UIs are both incredibly simple and don't even look
   like computer programs; they barely need menus. [When combined, they]
   suddenly look like software." - Havoc Pennington on 'software' design