cache issues

Snell, Lenore lenore1 at law.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 17 06:59:15 EST 2006

Hi all -

I have just signed on the list. I will hopefully read through the archives
to see if this issue has been addressed before.

I'm working on an RSS feed for law professors here from various blog sites.
That is working. I also limited the feed to only display a week's worth of
data. That is also working fine.

What I am curious about is cache management and if that is able to be
controlled. What I would like to do is not only to limit the week's worth of
data to 7 days but to also have the cache only save about a weeks worth of
data rather than everything. I have done some initial tests although it
doesn't appear to do that so I'm wondering if anyone has solutions for
managing the cache as well as the blog items that get displayed. There is no
need for us to store all data; users can just go to the professor's
individual blogs (located at other sites) to read posts that are earlier
than the 7 day mark.

If this has been addressed, feel free to point to me the thread, and I'll
read through that rather than creating another thread on the same topic.

Thanks much,

Lenore Snell
Webmaster
UIUC College of Law