Testing a potential One Point Oh tarball/zip

Minh Nguyen mxn at mxn.f2o.org
Mon Feb 6 10:54:35 EST 2006

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hmm. Interesting problem. We ignore dates because Everybody Lies [1], though
> it may make sense to check the date of new feeds when they appear, sort them
> into the stack so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

That'd be quite helpful for my Planet, because I syndicate mostly blogs
from big services like LiveJournal, Xanga, and MySpace. In the past few
months, all three services have changed either their URLs or formats,
rendering my Planet completely useless for at least a day each time. I
do, however, understand the current behavior, as there are people who
might like to "float" their posts to the top by changing the date every
now and then, and that wouldn't be very fair.

--
Minh Nguyen <mxn at zoomtown.com>
AIM: trycom2000; Jabber: mxn at myjabber.net; Blog: http://mxn.f2o.org/