Venus thoughts

Mary Gardiner mary-planet at puzzling.org
Tue Oct 10 15:48:17 EST 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006, Mary Gardiner wrote:
>  2. A feature Planet supports that I can't figure out how to
>     do with Venus: individual configuration of template files.
>
>     In Planet it was done like so:
>
>     [/home/mary/pathtofile/atom.xml.tmpl]
>     items_per_page = 20
>
>     Venus will treat this as an attempt to fetch a URL.

All right, if you use a full path it treats it as a URL. If you use just
the filename it seems to ignore the value.

Re memory usage I should add that it's nice that it only blows out at
splice time. With mainline Planet it uses 20–40MB+ for the entire
lifetime of the process, which can be hard on swap.

-Mary