tests failing on fc5

Derek Odegard derek at schwa.com
Tue Oct 10 06:38:16 EST 2006

On 10/9/06, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net> wrote:
> Can I get you to pull the latest and re-run?  I added code to catch the
> unittest exception and to then attempt to individually load each module
> to see if a more specific message is produced.  If none are, the
> original unittest exception is then re-thrown.

Got the following, which seems to be a problem with my python install.
I upgraded to python 2.5 and now all tests pass. Thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "runtests.py", line 33, in ?
   for module in modules: __import__(module)
 File "/home/derek/lib/venus/tests/test_spider.py", line 4, in ?
   from planet.spider import filename, spiderFeed, spiderPlanet
 File "/home/derek/lib/venus/planet/spider.py", line 10, in ?
   import planet, config, feedparser, reconstitute, shell
 File "/home/derek/lib/venus/planet/feedparser.py", line 69, in ?
   import sgmllib, re, sys, copy, urlparse, time, rfc822, types, cgi,
urllib, urllib2
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/cgi.py", line 40, in ?
   import mimetools
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/mimetools.py", line 6, in ?
   import tempfile
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/tempfile.py", line 33, in ?
   from random import Random as _Random
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/random.py", line 68, in ?
   import _random
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_randommodule.so:
undefined symbol: _PyArg_NoKeywords

derek odegard
ui eng mgr, meetup.com