tests failing on fc5

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Tue Oct 10 02:29:06 EST 2006

Derek Odegard wrote:
> Trying to run the tests with Python 2.4.1 on Fedora Core 5, and I get this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "runtests.py", line 29, in ?
>    suite = unittest.TestLoader().loadTestsFromNames(modules)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/unittest.py", line 556, in loadTestsFromNames
>    suites = [self.loadTestsFromName(name, module) for name in names]
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/unittest.py", line 532, in loadTestsFromName
>    parent, obj = obj, getattr(obj, part)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'test_spider'
>
> Is this an xslt problem? I don't seem to have py-libxml2 installed,
> but i do have xsltproc.

You know, I'm getting mightly tired of unittest.TestLoader() saying
essentially "there is a problem somewhere in the vicinity of
test_spider, guess where the problem might be".  :-)

Can I get you to pull the latest and re-run?  I added code to catch the
unittest exception and to then attempt to individually load each module
to see if a more specific message is produced.  If none are, the
original unittest exception is then re-thrown.

- Sam Ruby