Venus and a single cache directory?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Oct 4 10:00:45 EST 2006

<quote who="David L. Sifry">

> Hey, love Venus (and Planet!) I've been playing around a lot with it.  I
> was wondering if there were any plans to allow for a single cache
> directory that a number of venous (or planet) installations could share -
> It sure would be a waste of bandwidth to have a few installations that
> shared the same set of base RSS feeds, for example, but had a few that
> were unique.
>
> Any plans? Or could someone point me to the right place in the code that
> would need to be extended to allow for this behavior? I can go brush off
> my python skills and take a few hacks at it. :-)

This certainly works with Planet 2.0, but there are changes in the Venus
branch that probably have an impact on this. Would be good to fix if that's
the case though -- sharing the cache has been very useful for a number of
Planet users.

- Jeff

--

    "Man, is there some worldwide consipiracy to supply me with doctored
             dictionaries or something?" - Adrian van den Dries