User plugin for non-standard xml feed.

David Pashley david at davidpashley.com
Tue Oct 3 21:14:17 EST 2006

On Oct 03, 2006 at 12:04, �� praised the llamas by saying:
> Here are the example, I sorry for those are all chinese(traditional):
> http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/orpheustw/rss
> http://www.wretch.cc/blog/nio&rss20=1
> The problem for the first one is planet read the wrong date. You can see in the
> rss source code, the time format is "2006/10/03 03:38:06". It is not the right
> format for Planet.

Feedparser, the rss parser that planet uses has pluggable date parsers,
so this should be fairly easily to add. Have a look at the docs at
http://www.feedparser.org.

> The second has the problem that Planet won't finish it's job. It is wired
> because other blogs in the same blog system(provider) does not have the
> problem. For a OK example:
> http://www.wretch.cc/blog/yjjwang&rss20=1

The feed validator seems quite happy with this feed. I can't see
anything in particular wrong with that feed. Perhaps this is a bug in
feedparser or planet.

--
David Pashley
david at davidpashley.com