Perfered way to install Planetplanet

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed May 24 08:09:39 EST 2006

<quote who="Jared Nyland">

> I am working on installing planetplanet and have done so by using the
> nightlybuilds from planetplanet.org.  I was wondering if this is the
> perfered way of installing it or if there is another way I should install
> it to make sure I have all the updates needed.

Yeah, right now, the best way to install Planet is to grab the nightlies and
follow the instructions in the INSTALL file. Once you've done that, you can
update it - even if you grabbed the tarball! - with bzr. Just 'bzr pull' in
the planet directory.

> Also is there a FAQ that can help with these types of questions.

Not outside the tarball, which is something I should rectify. The INSTALL
file in the tarball is very useful, though.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--

     "Linux is not like Novell, it isn't going to run out of money - it
              started off bankrupt, in a way." - Steve Ballmer