feedparser and timeoutsocket

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed May 10 00:19:16 EST 2006

<quote who="Sam Ruby">

> Looking at the code, my thoughts are that this involves a Python
> release-dependent policy decision that globally affects all sockets and
> there is no logging done.  As such, I don't believe that it belongs in a
> library function.
>
> Since people were happy with the way it was, I've implemented it in my
> repository, with the defaults exactly the way they were.  With logging.

Heh - thanks for the recommendation and the code to back it up! That was
quick.

> And at this point, I might as well fess up.  When I said I thought I was
> done now, I lied.  I've been having too much fun (most of the other
> changes in my repository are Atom specific)

I happened to spot these and merge them earlier this morning - thanks again.
Now all of your changes as of now are in trunk.

- Jeff

--
LinuxWorldExpo: Johannesburg, South Africa  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.za/

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.