feedparser bug in < > tag handling

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Thu May 4 08:12:25 EST 2006

Daniel Drake wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
>> Okay, it's now set up for nightly regeneration again, but I've moved
>> it into
>> a more permanent spot:
>>
>>   http://www.planetplanet.org/download/planet-nightly.tar.bz2
>>   http://www.planetplanet.org/download/planet-nightly.zip
>
> Thanks. The new version doesn't have the bug mentioned previously.
> Hopefully it will also be a bit better at not repeatedly publishing old
> articles from buggy/weird weblogs.
>
> Next time you are editing the homepage, please could you add Planet
> Gentoo to the list? The URL is http://planet.gentoo.org

Looking the "buggy/wierd" feed that planet produces for planet.gentoo:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://planet.gentoo.org/rss20.xml

In RSS 2.0 feeds, the value of the isPermaLink attribute on the guid
element should be set to "false" unless the value of entry.guidislink is
true.

- Sam Ruby