I think I'm done now...

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed May 3 02:33:12 EST 2006

<quote who="Sam Ruby">

> I've made fixes for HTTP status codes, added an optional (and, by default,
> off) feature for identifying feeds that haven't been updating, and made
> the OPML validate.
>
> http://planet.intertwingly.net/bzr/
>
> What I would like to see is some or all of this merged into "Jeff's devel
> repo".

This new set hasn't made it in, but the previous lot did.

> At which point, I've been talking to Ted and Thom about deploying this on
> PlanetApache where it will see a more diverse set of feeds and a much
> larger set of visitors.

I'm running my personal Planet directly from the devel trunk repo (like,
very directly). Seems to be doing very nicely.

> After beta'ing it for a while, perhaps then we can talk about a new
> release of Planet?

'new'? We have yet to do a first *real* release. Everyone makes fun of me
about it, considering history. ;-) I'm pretty happy with all of this though,
and would be happy to merge it into the 1.0 branch, and ship the sucker. I
will give it a bit more time though, and some testing the other Planets I
run (GNOME, Ubuntu, a few others).

Thanks Sam,

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

      "Openness cannot be assumed, it must be asserted in order to be
                       assured." - Christopher Kelty