memory-reduced planet?

Mary Gardiner mary-planet at puzzling.org
Mon Jul 31 23:13:58 EST 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > I'd like to propose a radical rewrite.  One with an entirely different
> > cache implementation.
>
> I don't think anyone likes the current cache implementation. I'm
> proposing incremental changes mostly because they're what I have time
> for. Whatever format the cache though, the main thing for memory usage
> is not doing something along the lines of:

I should be cleaer here: barring the concerns in my last post, Sam's
idea sounds sensible on the face of it, I'm just explaining why I
haven't been going that way myself. If anyone decides to work on this,
let the list know though, so that I don't push off in the incremental
direction while a re-write is going on somewhere else.

-Mary