Pinging From Planet

Steve Milner smilner at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 00:58:13 EST 2006

Yes ... and no. Say an aggregater pings Technorati, it will end up =

adding the post(s) from the aggrogater. Now, if the blogs themselves are =

pinging, and the aggro pings then it could pollute .... of course it =

could just be a configuration item in planet that turns pinging on ...

Julian Finn wrote:

>Hi There,
>
>Steve Milner wrote:
>  =

>>Has there been any talk over integrating a service pinger (to Technorati
>>or Blo.gs, etc..) into planet? I have some code that can ping out but
>>wasn't sure it it would be something that I could upstream once I was don=
e.

>>    =

>assuming the original blogs already do so, wouldn't that somehow pollute
>technorati et al by pinging a second time? :)
>
>Just a thought,
>
>Cheers,
>
>Julian
>  =

-- =

Thanks,
Steve 'Ashcrow' Milner
Location: 206E Centennial
IRC: ashcrow

"In the heat of conversation I may have said certain things I believe to be=
 untrue. The alleged lie that you might have heard me saying allegedly mome=
nts ago ... thats a parasite that lives in my neck." -- Tad Ghostal