output_theme and the timing of config file merging

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Jan 28 03:41:53 EST 2009

http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/docs/config.html says:
> output_theme
>     Directory containing a config.ini file which is merged with this
>     one. This is typically used to specify templating and bill of
>     material information.

Does this merging happen only during HTML generation, or does it affect
spidering as well?  That is, could I set (say) spider_threads in two
different themes and have that setting affect all sites and configs that
use them?

If so, can I rely on this behavior?

--
"These people program the way Victorians dress.              Nick Moffitt
It takes two hours and three assistants to put on           nick at zork.net