dc:description in RSS 1.0 channels

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Thu Oct 26 00:17:37 EST 2006

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

>>> Venus doesn't seem to support RSS 1.0 items which description uses
>>> dc:description instead of rss10:description.
>>>
>> Have a test case?
>
> Sure. I have added this channel to planete.websemantique.org:
> http://xmlfr.org/actualites/breves/breves.rss10 and the descriptions are
> missing from the resulting feed
> (http://planete.websemantique.org/atom.xml).

Test case captured and bug fixed and committed to both feedparser and
Venus HEAD.  Thanks!

> BTW, looking at this entry, I wonder if it is very kosher to say that a
> RSS 1.0 channel has type="application/atom+xml"!

That was fixed over a week ago:

revno: 105
committer: Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net>
branch nick: venus
timestamp: Tue 2006-10-17 16:08:44 -0400
message:
   Correct mime type in entry.source.link[rel='self']