Hosting?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Oct 23 14:01:32 EST 2006

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> <quote who="Shane Graber">
>
> > Any suggestions on hosting providers that are Planet / Venus compatible?
> > I'm looking into creating a planet and would like to get some ideas.
>
> To run Planet, you only need file upload and cron access. These days, that
> generally means a shell account, but you might find a host that gives you
> web-based cron configuration or something like that.

You could also run the cron job on another machine and upload the results to
your server. That's how Sam runs his Planet, as it happens. Not quite how I
would interpret "hosted Planet", but it's a thought. ;-)

- Jeff

--

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl