Bootstrapping Venus on Mac via Fink

Chris Dolan chris at chrisdolan.net
Thu Oct 19 06:12:23 EST 2006

Sam,

Three more unexpected things while trying to get my normal Planet
config to work under Venus.

  * Had to "mkdir cache"
  * Had to add "template_directories = ."
  * Shelling out to xsltproc had an error

I think the former two should happen by default.  The latter is a
venus bug.  The small attached patch fixes these three issues.

Beyond that, the only change I had to make was changing the
template_files line:

   examples/atom.xml.tmpl     => themes/common/atom.xml.xslt
   examples/rss20.xml.tmpl    => themes/common/rss20.xml.tmpl
   examples/rss10.xml.tmpl    => themes/common/rss10.xml.tmpl
   examples/opml.xml.tmpl     => themes/common/opml.xml.xslt
   examples/foafroll.xml.tmpl => themes/common/foafroll.xml.xslt

but those were expected changes.  After that, venus is cranking out
content that appears quite similar to what plain planet was creating!

Chris

P.S. I was accidentally using the command line xlstproc because I had
forgotten to:
   fink install libxslt-py24
in my previous email.  Happily my omission resulted in a bug fix.  :-)

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, http://www.chrisdolan.net/
Public key: http://www.chrisdolan.net/public.key