Venus documentation

KS lists04 at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 17 11:11:04 EST 2006

Sam Ruby wrote:
> I've roughed in a small amount of documentation (looks best in FireFox,
> may someday investigate why IE isn't picking up the CSS):
>
>   http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/docs/
>
> This is all checked into bzr, so anybody who wants to improve it... go4it!
>
> - Sam Ruby

here is my take:

1. the pages need a DOCTYPE, without that browsers invariably use Quirks
mode to display the page. Standards mode (triggered with a DOCTYPE)
would display the page "better" over a wider range of browsers.

2. docs.css has a tag "ins"! If it is html its not a valid tag :), but
defining the DOCTYPE can make the situation more clear.

3. <h3 id="default"><code>[DEFAULT]</code></h3> - no id in CSS. Plus if
the default ID is defined, we won't need the <code> tags in the <h3> tag.

that was a fast 2minute look.
/KDS