Categories not showing up

Michel Klijmij michel at klijmij.net
Sat Oct 14 01:39:00 EST 2006

Op vr, 13-10-2006 te 11:19 -0400, schreef Sam Ruby:
> Michel Klijmij wrote:
> > Switching to Venus isn't really an option
> > right now as that would require a lot of work on the template, and Venus
> > seems to be in rather active development while I prefer something that
> > works stably and predictably. I might test it out though.
>
> If your current Planet 2.0 templates don't work with Venus, then that's
> a bug. (*)

Ah, I thought that Venus was doing all sorts of fancy stuff with xslt
but not htmltmpl. I now see that it does. Slower than Planet 2.0 though,
it seems. I'll time it later on.

> with the latest Feed Parser,
> the key you will get back is tags:
>
>    http://feedparser.org/docs/reference-feed-tags.html
>
> The htmltmpl support in Venus specifically requests individual keys to
> avoid this problem in the future.

Sounds great, but being less technically knowledgable: how can I get
categories in Venus with htmltmpl and how in Planet 2.0?

--
Kind regards,

Michel Klijmij