Categories not showing up

Michel Klijmij michel at klijmij.net
Sat Oct 14 00:27:30 EST 2006

Op vr, 13-10-2006 te 23:48 +1000, schreef Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Michel Klijmij">
>
> > Op vr, 13-10-2006 te 14:31 +0200, schreef Eric van der Vlist:
> > > the categories do not show up in the entries that include <category/>
> > > elements.
> >
> > I have mentioned this several times on this list but never gotten a reply.
> >
> > I'm using the plain 2.0 version by the way, not Venus.
>
> When feedparser was upgraded, category transfer from the feeds through to
> the template was disabled (see the ignored elements in planet/__init__.py),
> as it became a list instead of a string. Venus ought to handle this better.

Thanks for the quick response. Switching to Venus isn't really an option
right now as that would require a lot of work on the template, and Venus
seems to be in rather active development while I prefer something that
works stably and predictably. I might test it out though.

Is there a way I can get it back by editing the planet files? I've tried
removing "categories" from the ignored_keys, but that doesn't seem to do
the trick.

--
Kind regards,

Michel Klijmij