Dealing with RSS dats vs. Filesystem dates in the cache?

David L. Sifry dsifry at technorati.com
Thu Oct 5 06:44:44 EST 2006

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the code, but it seems that one of the
strange bugs I'm seeing is planet-based pages that include items that
are not in date-of-publication order. Near as I can tell, this often
happens when either (a) building a new planet when not all feeds have
been indexed in time order, and (b) when a feed is just added to a
preexisting planet.

I'm working on providing you guys with replicable details, but wanted to
post an anecdotal description the problem here first.

Note this is using a shared cache directory, many thanks to Sam for his
fixes this morning...

Dave

--
David L. Sifry