Non-modification patches

Morten Frederiksen morten at wasab.dk
Wed May 24 03:37:35 EST 2006

Hi again,

On 5/23/06, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net> wrote:
> First suggestion is that a test case would be most helpful.  Something
> like the following:
> http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/bzr/planet/devel/trunk/planet/tests/test_sub.py
Not at all unreasonable. I should have seen it coming too. :-)

> Second, the implementation you provided wouldn't help me.  If you take a
> look at my following, you will see that at least one of my subscriptions
> doesn't support ETags:
Right. I've reworked the implementation, for the better I think. It
now handles feeds that doesn't really change.
Less dependencies, but it seems to show my lack of experience with Python...

Please don't hesitate with comments and suggestions.

> Finally, and just FYI... the way mine installation works is to output to
> a work directory that I subsequently rsync to the final destination.
Hmm, I can't see how that would help the consumer/user of the planet?
The generated output would still appear modified?

Regards,
Morten