(no subject)

Chris Dolan chris at clotho.com
Fri May 12 23:20:01 EST 2006

On May 11, 2006, at 10:32 PM, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Brian Aker">
>
>> I've been running http://planetasterisk.org/ for a few months, but
>> I  had
>> a recent problem with a site that had a feed that was being
>> parsed poorly
>> (there is a recent conversation in the archives where  this
>> problem was
>> talked about). Upgrading solved that, but now I have  a problem that
>> "keyword" is no longer working for my site. Here is a  bit of my
>> config.ini:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> You probably went from a 0.2 era nightly to a 1.0 era nightly (I'm
> calling
> them eras because I'm a bad person, as we haven't had a real
> release yet).
> In that period we switched from keyword to filter/exclude regexps.
> So just
> swap 'keyword' for 'filter' in your config, and you'll be fine. :-)

Note that "filter" applies only to the title and body of the feed.
If you want greater control, use my filter patch available from:
   https://launchpad.net/products/planet/+bug/42854

This patch lets you write things like the following in your config.ini:
   filter = category =~ /asterisk/
or
   filter = title =~ /asterisk/
          content =~ /asterisk/
The latter is synonymous with the current 1.0 syntax (still
supported) of:
   filter = asterisk

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software
(http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary
Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)