1.0 release

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Fri May 5 02:22:17 EST 2006

Baz wrote:

> BTW is
> there no handling of 302 responses in planet? I noticed in passing
> that I had it in my local copy (which I'd messed with) but it doesnt
> seem to be something that was changed by Sam's recent cleanup.

FeedParser/Python follow the redirects, report back the status and
provide the feed.

And it was something that was changed by my recent cleanup:

http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2006/05/01/Planet-Status-Update

What you had in your local copy treated 302's as permanent redirects.
They are temporary redirects.  The cache file should not be linked, nor
should the uri in the entry be updated.

The next time Planet polls, it should go back to the original URI, and
repeat this process.

- Sam Ruby