Questions Regarding what Planet support and not

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Mar 31 01:10:09 EST 2006

<quote who="Shervin Asgari">

> I appreciate your answers. Could you please explain what the difference
> between an aggregator like Planet and for instance Wordpress is?

WordPress is used to host a blog. You post entries to it, it stores them in
a database and displays them when someone visits the site.

Planet is an aggregator. It downloads RSS feeds (from blogs run with
software such as WordPress or Roller) and sorts them together into a single
page so you can read a whole set of blogs easily.

Here is my WordPress blog: http://perkypants.org/blog/

Here is Planet GNOME, which is an aggregation of blogs written by GNOME
developers: http://planet.gnome.org/

Here is my personal Planet aggregator, which splices together a whole set of
blogs that I like to read every day: http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/planet/

:-)

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus