character encoding

Michel Klijmij-van der Laan michel at klijmij.net
Fri Mar 3 09:18:40 EST 2006

http://www.groenlinksweblog.nl/rss.php?blogId=32&profile=rss20Greetings,

I'm a happy planetplanet user with one little problem. Last time it was
something I had overseen, but this time I really can't find a proper
solution.

My planet (http://planeetgroenlinks.klijmij.net/) has a problem with
encoding. It's in UTF-8, which it properly says so. Some of the feeds
aren't, but I couldn't find any setting about that in the config or
code. As you can see on the planet some articles have funny characters,
which have to do with the wrong encoding. Can anyone help me on getting
this fixed? It appears the problems arise with iso8859-1 feeds which
don't get converted properly.

(one of the feeds that is giving problems right now is
http://www.groenlinksweblog.nl/rss.php?blogId=32&profile=rss20 , which
claims to be iso8859-1 for example)

Kind regards,               | E-mail: michel at klijmij.net
                            | Web   : http://michel.klijmij.net/
                            | Jabber: michel at jabber.xs4all.nl
Michel Klijmij-van der Laan | GPGkey: 0x8A43CF30