All items in feeds marked as hidden

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Jul 5 21:01:23 EST 2006

<quote who="Frédéric Crozat">

> one of the major newspaper in France (Libération) just changed their
> website and their RSS feeds no longer works with Planet (but still works
> with other RSS readers, such as Netvibes).
>
> If I use one of the following streams, the initial load will mark all feed
> items as (hidden) and with 2006-07-01T01:00:00+00:00 as date instead of
> the pubDate for each item. Running planet several times doesn't fix the
> issue :(

Planet doesn't handle astoundingly bad pubDates very well (feedparser could
do it, but I imagine it would require another module or a heap of new code
to do "forgiving" date parsing). You should contact them about their broken
feeds:

  http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liberation.fr%2Finteractif%2Frss%2Factualites%2F

- Jeff

--

  "There's always a new bogeyman - every two months, there's a new axe to
                 add to the axis of evil." - Michael Moore