Potential new feature: post dodginess.

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Feb 6 11:31:57 EST 2006

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> ... and in fact, you can have it immediately if you can install the python
> mxtidy package (which doesn't seem to exist in Debian/Ubuntu). If you have
> that, feedparser will automagically use it. I've heard some dodgy reports,
> breakage and so on, but haven't been able to test it much myself.

Hrm, there is a package for the TidyLib Python wrapper though, which the 4.1
version of feedparser supports (and prefers)! So, once we upgrade, you'll be
able to use either. Hooray!

Annoyingly though, there's a TIDY_MARKUP = 0 in feedparser.py, so we'll have
to modify that (or tell users to) - it does properly check for the existence
of the Python modules though, so perhaps we could just enable it by default.

Another good reason to bring in feedparser 4.1 support for Planet 1.2. :-)

- Jeff

--
FOSDEM 2006: Brussels, Belgium                    http://www.fosdem.org/2006

      "Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly." - Robert Doisneau